Museums, Historical Sites and Markers
Main St., South Dennis
This Gothic style former 19 th century residence, cobbler shop, and the home of a poetess has been for many years one of the town's four little libraries. Probably moved to this site in 1856 from a Yarmouth church campground, it was first owned by John Rose, the first Portuguese resident of the town. It became the South Dennis Free Public Library in 1918.